The presidency: The Northern Bandits Sponsors has been arrested recently

The presidency has said convictions have been made concerning the funding of Boko Haram terrorists Ad

The presidency has said convictions have been made concerning the funding of Boko Haram terrorists Ad

Advertisements
Advertisements

Garba Shehu disclosed that the details of the convictions would be made public when the investigation is concluded

According to the presidential aide, places of worship are being used to harbour killers of security agents

The federal government has said that security agents have arrested some Nigerians funding Boko Haram terrorists.

The senior special assistant to the president on media and publicity, Garba Shehu, made this known on Tuesday, March 30, while featuring on Channels Television’s Politics Today programme.

Legit.ng gathered that Shehu insisted that people would be shocked when details of the investigation on how the sums of money were transferred to the group would be fully disclosed.

President Buhari gave the service chiefs an order to wipe Boko Haram and their sponsors out of Nigeria.

He said the sponsors include some bureau de change operators with contacts abroad.

Shehu said: “Bureaus de change that are facilitating money to terrorists.

Related Post

We have already worked with the UAE. Convictions have been achieved of Nigerians who are transferring money to Boko Haram terrorists and this also happens domestically.

And I tell you that by the time we finish this investigation, the shocking details will surprise many Nigerians.”

He also said places of worship are used to harbour killers of security agents in the country, assuring that heads of intelligence agencies are working on it.

The presidential aide stated: “It is shocking to many Nigerian that places of worship and farmland are places where killers of policemen, naval officers and military are being harboured. This discovery will shock you.

But this is going on all over the country.” Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday, March 30, ordered the service chiefs and other security and intelligence coordinators of the nation to mark and take them out.

It was reported that the president said he would not sit and watch while bandits, kidnappers and their sponsors continue to cause mayhem in the country.

The National Security Adviser (NSA), Major-General Babagana Monguno, disclosed this after a security meeting, chaired by the Nigerian president in the State House, Abuja.

The president also warned the security chiefs that a situation where criminals dictate the pace of security events in the country should be ended immediately, ordering them to be proactive.