Coronavirus kills former Olympique de Marseille President Pape Diouf

Former Olympique de Marseille President Pape Diouf has died after contracting coronavirus, according to the French Ligue 1 club.

Former Olympique de Marseille President Pape Diouf has died after contracting coronavirus, according to the French Ligue 1 club. https://twitter.com/AfricaFactsZone/status/1245381329467904007 Diouf had been receiving treatment in his home country, Senegal, before passing away, the Senegalese President Macky Sall confirmed. "I pay tribute to the medical staff at Fann Hospital (in Dakar, Senegal) who spared no effort to save him," Sall said on Twitter. In a statement made on Twitter, Marseille said the 68-year-old Diouf had passed away on Tuesday after a battle with Covid-19. "It is with great sadness that Olympique de Marseille learned of the death of Pape Diouf," the team said in a statement. "Pape will remain in the hearts of the Marseillais forever, as one of the great architects in the club's history. "We send our sincerest condolences to his family and

Coronavirus: Lukaku reveals annoying thing self-isolation is doing to him

Romelu Lukaku seems to be having a difficult time in self-isolation The Inter Milan forward says he almost went crazy one day All football activities in Italy have been suspended as coronavirus continues to ravage the country Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku has decried what self-isolation is doing to him saying he almost went crazy one day, GOAL reports. All players in Italy have been ordered into self-quarantine as the rampaging coronavirus continue to maim people in Italy with over 3,400 dead in the country. Italy has now recorded more deaths that China and the second most hit country due to the infection. "I almost went crazy one day. I can't go out, I can't go shopping. I'm locked up in the house. I miss everyday

Coronavirus: 2021 Afcon Qualifiers postponed “Covid-19”

The Confederation of African Football (Caf) has postponed this month's 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers because of the coronavirus pandemic. In a statement on Friday, Caf said the 48 matches scheduled to run between 25-31 March have been postponed until further notice even though only a few cases have been reported on the continent. "Several players, who are supposed to play the next Afcon qualifiers, come from countries which have been severely affected by the virus (in) Europe and Asia," Caf wrote to member associations. Caf also explained that many African governments have imposed strong travel restrictions, which require 14 days of quarantine, on those arriving from Europe. At present, at least 18 African nations have reported cases of coronavirus. To prevent one life means more

Coronavirus:Chelsea banned training due to fear of Covid-19

IF Chelsea pull off one of the greatest comebacks of all time, nobody will be there to see it after their Champions League return leg at Bayern Munich was announced as behind closed doors. But for now, the Blues training has been called off over coronavirus fears. Meanwhile the club are still looking for a Kepa replacement, with a bid for Bournemouth’s Aaron Ramsdale lined up. Chelsea winger Willian could join Arsenal on a free transfer in the summer if Mikel Arteta's side qualify for the Champions League, according to reports. Willian's current deal expires this summer with the club stalling on a new contract for the 31-year-old. The Metro claims it could open the door for Arsenal to raid their rivals as they look

CORONAVIRUS: La Liga, French league matches & Barca Championyys League game with no fans

Matches in the top two divisions in Spain and France are to be played behind closed doors because of coronavirus concerns. La Liga announced its ruling will affect the next two rounds of fixtures while the French league said fans will be banned until 15 April. La Liga said it acted on guidance from Spain's ministry of health. The French government announced on Sunday a ban on all gatherings of more than 1,000 people. Barcelona's Champions League match against Napoli on 18 March will also be played at an empty Nou Camp. "The decision has been made strictly for health reasons," said Joan Guix, Catalunya government's health chief. It is the second Spanish-Italian Champions League fixture at which supporters have been banned, following Valencia versus Atalanta