The Brazilian star recently rejected a two-year deal from Chelsea
Willian was said to have told some friends of his decision to join the Gunners
Willian may have turned down a new two-year deal from Chelsea in favour of London rivals Arsenal this summer.
The 31-year-old was said to have informed some of his close friends about his decision to quit the Stamford Bridge outfit after this campaign.
Willian, who has been previously linked with Barcelona and a few other top European clubs is now ready to stay in England but his new destination could be the Emirates Stadium.
According to Daily Star, the Gunners are willing to hand him a three-year deal which his present club refused when they were on the negotiation table.
The North Londoners are not planning to match the attractive wages the Brazilian winger has been offered especially by MLS side Inter Miami, but have an edge with the long term deal.
He is also keen to remain in London to avoid moving his family who seems to be enjoying life in the city to another place entirely.
Reports reveal that Mikel Arteta was said to have pushed for the 31-year-old to join his side as they hope to compete for titles next term.
Tottenham Hotspur boss Jose Mourinho also tried luring his former player to his current side but he was considered unserious with his offer.
Willian was missing when Chelsea lost FA Cup title to Arsenal at Wembley Stadium last weekend due to injury and he is not likely to feature in their crunch clash against Bayern Munich.
The Blues head into the match with a 3-0 deficit from the first leg and their chances of reaching the quarterfinals are difficult with most of their players injured.
Willian has won two Premier Leagues, one FA Cup, League Cup, and Europa League title each since he joined then from Anzhi Makhachkala in 2013.
Legit.ng earlier reported that Willian will decide his future after Chelsea’s FA Cup final against Arsenal on Saturday, August 1, but latest reports have it that Spanish club Barcelona have offered the Brazilian a three-year deal.
The 31-year-old’s contract with the Blues is set to expire with Premier League clubs Arsenal and Tottenham also chasing the winger.
Willian’s agent Kia Joorabchian has disclosed that at least five offers have been received for the player with the latest one coming from La Liga giants Barcelona.