A 13-year-old boy, Anas Basiru, has died in an open water at Sauna in Nassarawa Local Government Area of Kano State.
Alhaji Saidu Mohammed, the Fire Service Public Relations Officer made this disclosure in a statement he issued on Thursday in Kano.
Mohammed said that the incident occurred on Wednesday.
He said, “We received a distress call from one Mallam Haruna Musa at about 4:pm that Basiru’s body was found floating in the open water.
“On receiving the information, we quickly sent our rescue team to the scene at 4:10p.m.
“He was handed over to the security personnel on behalf of the family.”NEWS: Man shoots friend in Anambra over N1,000 debt
Muhammed further explained that the state fire service had received 97 distress calls from different parts of the state within the last two weeks.
According to him, 14 were received for fire incidents, 37 calls for rescue, five for false alarms, 39 lives were lost while two lives were saved.
He, however, advised the general public to always be cautious of the use of electrical appliances and to disconnect them from power sources when they were not in use.
He also urged the public to avoid storing petrol and other inflammable substances at homes and shops, NAN reports.